The CUA Department of Sociology grants the M.A. in Sociology, offering three areas focused on social justice:
1. Crime and justice studies
2. Global and comparative processes
3. Public policy analysis
Advantages of the graduate program in sociology at CUA include:
- A close professional association with and research assistantship opportunities through the Institute for Policy Research and Catholic Studies;
- Small class sizes and individualized attention from a distinguished faculty;
- Departmental teaching assitantships;
- Support of students' participation and presentations in professional conferences and other aspects of graduate student life through The Graduate Student Association.
- Access to some of the nation's finest libraries and research collections, and to the rich cultural life of Washington, D.C.
- Meetings with the American Sociology Association, Eastern Sociological Association, and District of Columbia Sociological Society.